The Budget Tool allows you to manage your expenses and calculate your cost-per-ticket for each event.
Use of Budget ToolTo use the Budget Tool you need to create one or more events in your Control Panel:
- To create an event go to My Content > Edit Page Content > Edit Pages > Details of Events. You can also create events from My Planning Tools > Details of Events.
- Once you have one or more events created, go to My Planning Tools > Budget Tool, then select an event from the dropdown menu.
GuestsEnter the number of guests you are planning to have at the event:
- Budget calculations will be made according to this number.
- You can change the number of guests at any time by clicking on Number of Guests in your navigation bar.
- When you change the number of guests, the system automatically re-calculates your expenses and revenues accordingly.
ExpensesTo record your expenses, navigate to the Expenses page by clicking on Expenses in your navigation bar:
- Enter a name for the expense and the estimated cost in the fields provided.
- You may also set a payment due date.
- When you click Submit, the expense items you entered will be totaled and the results displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Totals for each expense are in the Total field. The sum total of all your expenses are in the Total Expenses field.
RevenuesTo track your revenues, go to the Revenues page by clicking on Revenues in your navigation bar:
- Enter a description for the revenue and the estimated gain in the fields provided.
- You may also set an expected revenue date.
- When you click Submit, the revenue items you entered will be totaled and the results displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Totals for each revenue are in the Total field. The sum total of all your revenues are in the Total Revenues field.
Ticket CalculatorThe Ticket Calculator allows you to try out different scenarios so that you can see the effects on your budget.
- Select an event from the drop-down list.
- By changing the numbers, you can calculate the approximate ticket costs for various scenarios.
- Change the amount for any field. By changing the amounts, the system re-calculates the approximate ticket costs for the different scenarios.
Example: Suppose there is an event named "the latest event" and the numbers are as follows:
- By changing the Number of Guests from 100 to 50, notice how the Estimated Ticket Price is re-calculated accordingly.
- As you change the amounts in the fields, these values do not get saved in the system.
- You can click on Reset to set the values back to their original amounts at any time.
- If you wish to modify the original amounts, simply click on the Edit link beside the field that you'd like to modify.